Tuesday 13 September 2016

Pokemon Generations!

BE STILL MY BEATING HEART!

I can’t imagine that anyone can understand the absolute lofty levels of my palpitations – but it’s all good because I’m about tell you why!

First consider this - has there been a time in your life when someone has reached into the recesses of your mind and pulled out something fully formed and placed it in front of you? Something that you clearly always desired but never could articulate into palpable form (for reasons unknown). It’s practically unthinkable.

But guess what? The UNTHINKABLE has just been THOUGHT!!


POKEMON GENERATIONS!!

13th September 2016, the Pokemon Company has officially announced an all new Pokemon animated series which is set to air on the Official Pokemon Youtube Channel ( youtube.com/pokemon ) starting on Friday the 16th of September.

Pokemon Generations will be a series of shorts that will take place at pivotal moments within the Pokemon game-verse (separate from the anime, specials and TV movies). From adventures that the game Trainer experiences from Kanto all the way up to Kalos – Pokemon Generations claims to be a retelling of the most auspicious moments within the games themselves in a manner that is completely new (in other words, it is not the watered down children’s show that is the actual Pokemon series, screw you Ash Ketchum and your constantly weakened Pikachu! [I just, I love you guys, but sorry, I have found something better]).

Pokemon Generations will consist of 18 episodes that will be released online periodically. Each episode will be about 3-5 minutes in length, even though I personally wish they were way longer and way more than just 18, as we all do, let’s be honest (but beggars can’t be choosers).

I just watched the trailer online (I’ll attach a link to it down below)* and I’m still picking up my mouth off the floor.

*(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HBixBwn43Q)

One thing you have to know about me, if you probably haven’t gauged already, is that I’m a huge Pokemon Video Game buff – every single frame of that trailer instantly brought me back to its game counterpart like I had just been playing it, and trust me I have played it over and over like no one’s business.
It takes a very keen (sad) eye to be able to do that if I do say so myself.


But enough of my ode of love; I screen-grabbed several moments of the teaser (all pictures taken from the IGN website) to share with all of you, so let’s get to the good stuff. I apologise in advance for the detailed captions.

Raikou, Suicine and Entei atop the Burned (Brass) Tower. Are they looking up at Ho-oh?

Zygarde Complete Forme in front of the Trainer (This iteration of Zygarde has still not been seen in-game)

The big baddy of Gen 1, the one and only leader of Team Rocket, Giovanni

Red

Looker!

The infamous face-off at the Lake of Rage in Johto. Red Gyarados vs Champion Lance's Dragonite!

Shiny Gyarados using Dragon Rage!

Dragonite using Hyper Beam!

Green taking on the Elite 4

Green's Blastoise using Hydro Pump!

Green facing off against Champion Lance at the Indigo Plateau

Buck's Claydol dodging an attack from the Heatran found in Stark Mountain, Sinnoh

Cheryl and her Chansey running away from overactive Ghost Pokemon in Eterna Forest, Sinnoh

Green's signature Pidgeot mid battle with Elite 4 Bruno's Machamp

Regigigas having been awakened from its slumber at the Snowpoint Temple in Sinnoh

Green welcoming Red to their final battle at the Indigo Pokemon League
'Fantastic' - Green

The IGN website also contained some bonus behind the scenes, developmental concept art that are used as base models in the upcoming series.


Team Plasma M/F Grunts

A Pikachu inside the Relic Castle in Unova, notice the signature sinking sands

Lumiose City

Pokemon Trainer N

Professor Sycamore

More of N

Pikachu in a signature Forest environment, (not really sure if its Viridian or Petalburg)

I for one, CAN NOT WAIT! 
Bring on the Generations!!

THIS LOOKS SO SO GOOD!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment